We’re looking forward to giving you an idea of pricing. Please provide the following.
NOTE: If you are looking for a benchtop or table top, please include the thickness you would like
For more complex projects, we may require further information or to arrange a site visit.
If your plans aren’t fully resolved, not to worry! Our design team can work with you at any point in the design process. Whether you have a blank canvas, a few initial sketches or just looking to resolve some final details, our in-house design team can work with you to create your vision in concrete.
02 Colour Sampling
Once the quote has been approved, we begin the colour sampling process to select the perfect colour for your project.
Our standard colour range contains 14 stunning concrete colours. Our coloured concrete is pigment based. This allows us to tailor the amount of oxide used in our concrete to create custom colours or to colour match.
If you’d like to engage our colour matching services, we ask that you provide a physical colour sample. Matching to a physical colour sample achieves more accurate results than colour matching to a reference image.
If you’re completing a custom job, have your client select the colours they are interested in from the ‘Concrete Colours’ page of our website (located under the ‘Info’ tab). We’ll send out samples of the selected colours for your client to see in person and approve.
Concrete is naturally a porous material and can be susceptible to staining. We apply high-quality sealants, imported from the USA, to prevent staining and scratching.
For high use surfaces, such as bar-tops, that are in frequent contact with acidic beverages, including beer and cider, we recommend a gloss finish. The mechanical polishing and penetrating sealant required for a gloss finish is more resistant to the wear and tear of bar surfaces.
Find more information about our sealants in our Knowledge Hub.
We require a 50% deposit to be paid prior to beginning production in our workshop.
Before we begin the production of benchtops we’ll need you to provide us with the final dimensions. Ideally, your cabinet maker will provide final site measurements or a template. We can provide templating services for projects in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, or the Sunshine Coast. Please get in touch and we can provide you with a quote.
Due to the varying nature of custom work, we don’t have standard lead times. Get in touch with our team for an indication of our most up to date lead times.
05 Progress Updates
We’ll provide updates throughout the production process. If you’d like, we can send you an image of the piece/s in production for you to show your client.
06 Delivery & Installation
We supply to projects across Australia. Our installation services are only available for projects situated in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast.
For projects where we will not complete the installation, we’ve partnered with freight companies to ensure that our pieces are delivered safely. Insurance can be purchased by the client if they choose.
Our installation services are limited to the installation of our pieces. We don’t install plumbing or electrical that might be associated with the piece.
You’ll need to be covered under your own insurances if you would like to assist in the installation of the pieces, including lifting them into place. Prior to installation we’ll ask for copies of your insurances.
KEY INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO PRODUCTS
Benchtops and tabletops
- A void is fabricated into each Blend Concrete Design benchtop or tabletop to reduce the amount of material used, ensuring the benches are as light as possible. Our concrete tops are poured at 20mm thick. A turndown edge is created at the client’s desired thickness which gives the illusion that the entire piece has been created at that thickness.
- When creating a concrete BBQ bench, you should consider if the BBQ needs to sit on top of the piece or if it requires a recess. If the BBQ requires a recess, Blend Concrete Design can produce a custom concrete piece to line the recess.
Sinks and tapware
- If required, we will core the tapware once on site.
- We can make our benchtops suitable for under mounted or over mounted sinks. There is an extra charge for under-mounted sinks and you will need to supply a sink template that we can cast into the piece.
- We can create table legs from concrete, timber or powder-coated aluminium.
- We are also happy to only supply a concrete tabletop if you or your client have your eyes on table legs elsewhere.
- We launch new additions to our product line seasonally.
- Our product line is designed by our in-house design team and crafted by our skilled concrete artisans. We are committed to producing leading-edge designs and setting trends in the industry.
- Our products are made to order meaning that each piece is handcrafted specifically for your client.
- If you like one of our products but need different dimensions, get in touch! We’re happy to create a custom piece for your project.